Please find below our update with what we are doing as Principal Body Corporate committees in response to COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus.
Your health and wellbeing are of paramount importance to us, as it is clear that the Coronavirus has been spreading globally over the last 3 months.
We believe that in the interest of our Neighbourhood Bodies Corporate, property owners and residents that we all need to act responsibly in our actions to protect the safety of our communities.
Our Strata Management and Coomera Waters Management teams are having regular dialogue to ensure we have the latest update from the health authority regarding the appropriate actions that we need to take. Whilst as committees we remotely work from home and only meet quarterly, we will be making all reasonable attempts to prioritise the use of technology to stay in touch given the circumstances. We, like many other communities affected by the COVID-19 spread are currently adapting our working and operational arrangements to ensure that, should we be affected, we can assist and help the community by slowing its potential spread by putting pre-emptive measures in place.
Effective immediately the following measures are being taken in response to the challenge of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- CWM is to continue to closely monitor the thoroughness of the contract cleaners to mitigate the risk of spread of the virus throughout rec clubs.
- Cancellation of all community engagement activities bookings at the rec clubs as of Sunday 22 March until further notice e.g. parties, group bookings etc.
- Future discussions in consideration to suspend community held services, unless related to COVID19 – e.g. fitness, etc.
- PBC 1, 2 and 3 to consider the closure of Rec Clubs in the future.
- A notice stating that it is the user’s responsibility to clean gym equipment to be affixed to doors of Rec Clubs. The note is to specifically state that anyone with any signs of sickness cannot enter and use gyms.
- At this stage of Coronavirus proceedings if Coomera Waters residents choose still to avail themselves of the tennis courts and swimming pools they do so at their own risk.
Whilst we support our community during this time of uncertainty, we play a small part in the big picture and are not specialist advisers – As a resident you have the critical links to the individual homes who make up our community.
Take the time to check up on those living around you, get related information from the links provided below and look after your mental wellness how to look after your mental wellbeing in a crisis.
Remember, the best things you can do right now is to keep up-to-date with information, wash your hands often and properly, stay 1.5 metres away from people coughing or sneezing, and stay home if you’re sick.
Principal Bodies Corporate 1, 2 and 3 Chairpersons