Learn more about
What we do
As the Caretaker of Coomera Waters Estate we are responsible for providing the following services:
- Liaising with and assisting Residents
- Work alongside committees to maintain and develop infrastructure and systems within their Body Corporate
- Support Body Corporate Managers to ensure each Body Corporate adheres to legal requirements
- Coordination and oversight of tradespeople
- Cleanliness and maintenance of the Recreation Centres and swimming pools
- Maintenance of Body Corporate parks and gardens
- Manage Recreation Centre bookings
- Maintenance of garden and walkway lighting
- Regular Workplace Health & Safety checks
- Obtain quotes, as required, for maintenance, repairs and infrastructure improvements
- Reporting of lighting faults in non-gated precincts
- Monitoring of the sewerage operating systems in gated precincts
- Annual checking of back flow prevention valves to irrigation systems
- Organisation of testing fire hydrants in gated precincts
- Management and issuing of swipe cards and Recreation Centres access cards/keys
- Liaising with builders in relation to infrastructure drawings
- Conducting weekly By Law Inspections
To ensure the infrastructure contained within the estate is safe and functional, Coomera Waters Management Company oversees and coordinates the following infrastructure management:
- Hard surface maintenance (weed control, pot holes, cleaning etc.)
- Drainage maintenance (regular inspections to ensure drains are clear of debris)
- Building maintenance
- Irrigation system
- Telecommunications/Internet https://www.lbnco.com.au/connect-to-our-network/
- Log a TV support request with LBNCo https://www.lbnco.com.au/tv-support/
- FTTH Upgrade Information Coomera FTTH Upgrade Authority Letter Coomera Waters Fibre Upgrade-020420
Parks & Garden Maintenance
Coomera Waters is a unique masterplanned waterfront community that offers more than 200 hectares of environmentally-themed recreational areas, with its protected nature habitats, eco-trails and extensive green space.
The Parks and Gardens maintenance comprises of the following elements:
- Mowing, trimming and edging
- Fertilizing of common property turf areas
- Pest & disease control
- Weed control
- Pruning, grooming and detailing of garden areas
- Maintenance of swales
- Maintenance of rain gardens and bio retention systems
Recreation Centre Maintenance
- Swimming pool
- Spa pool
- Tennis courts
- Toilets & changing rooms
- Common room with kitchen facilities
- Access control
- Lawns and gardens
Health & Safety
Coomera Waters Management’s aim is to prevent accidents, as well as to provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from recreational activities.
Coomera Waters Management achieve this by taking risk assessments and reporting the findings to the relevant body corporate committee and manager. Risk assessments are reviewed periodically within each body corporate.
Should you come across any health and safety issues throughout the estate, please contact our office immediately on (07) 5561 8809.
Security officers patrol the estate’s streets, facilities and common areas 24 hours a day monitoring a range of issues including property protection, safety and adherence to by-laws plus the identification of suspicious persons and activities occurring around the estate.
If you have any concerns about anything even slightly suspicious or concerning then please call Security on (07) 5501 9299 or email [email protected] – 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
- Patrolling the streets, parks and facilities
- Protection of common property
- Alarm monitoring and response
- CCTV operation and planning
- Adherance to parking by-laws
- Incident response and management
- General assistance
Rubbish collection is conducted by Gold Coast City Council.
More information is available on their website.
General rubbish is collected weekly and recycling collected fortnightly. Green waste is collected fortnightly on the alternate week to the recycling bins. It is a good idea to place rubbish bins out the night before as collection times can vary from very early morning to about midday.
Monday mornings – for houses NORTH/WEST of Colman and Foxwell Roads i.e. Ceil, Solo, Christina, Slipstream and Impeccable.
Wednesday mornings – for houses SOUTH/EAST of Colman and Foxwell Roads i.e. Marina side including Northern Bay, Bobsled, Serenade, Elusive, Eolo, Tradition, Balmara, Western Bay, Piccollo, Rampage, Eastern Bay and Harbour Front.
Jacobs Well Transfer Station (corner of Behms and Skopps Roads) is open 7 days a week from 7:00am till 4:50pm and includes modern recycling facilities.
For more information, please phone Gold Coast City Council on (07) 5581 6799.
For a full list of Gold Coast Waste Transfer Stations (tips) and other waste/recycling info, please go to this Gold Coast City Council website.